APPLICATIONS NOW OPEN
FameLab is a global science communication competition. It is designed to find the most charismatic up-and-coming scientists from around the world. Competitors are armed only with their wits and a few props – and the result is an enlightening and exciting adventure into incredible research projects!
Join us for an exciting snapshot into the world of science, engineering, maths and technology as some of the country’s most captivating researchers explain fascinating concepts in an entertaining and enlightening way.APPLY HERE
We are inviting scientists, mathematicians and engineers across Australia to take part in the world’s longest running science competition. Since 2007, FameLab has seen more than 10,000 young scientists and engineers from across the globe participate.
Applications for FameLab in 2019 will close on 15 February 2019. To enter applicants will need to complete an online form and submit a three minute video, talking about their research. This video does not need to be a professional production. We are interested in the “authentic” you and your research. The video can be recorded on your phone – hand-held selfie to camera or by a friend. The most important thing is that we get a sense of who you are and your passion for science! To apply you will need the following things ready:
- your video uploaded to YouTube (submission is via weblink)
- a list of the research projects you’ve done
- an explanation of your research
- a short bio (approx 150 words)
- your contact details
- the dates you are available (we will ask you which finals you can attend so check out these dates below)
- a referee (supervisor, manager etc). We will need their name and contact details (including phone number)
Sign up now to receive updates about FameLab 2019.
Queensland – Wednesday 20 March – Queensland Museum, Brisbane
Victoria – Wednesday 27 March – Museums Victoria, Melbourne
New South Wales – Wednesday 10 April – Powerhouse Museum, Sydney
Western Australia – Wednesday 17 April – WA Maritime Museum, Fremantle
Western Australia – Wednesday 8 May – State Theatre Centre, Perth
Entrants must be 21 years old or older, studying or working in science, engineering, technology, medicine or mathematics. FameLab is looking for people who want to talk about their science, not the people who have already working in science communication or promotion as a full-time career.
We welcome applications from:
The competition is open to citizens or permanent residents of Australia* who are pursuing studies or working in a scientific field. Entrants may be:
- Students who are currently undertaking MSc or PhD qualifications
- Postdoctoral fellows or early-career researchers who have received their MSc or PhD degrees within the last five years
* International (non-Australian citizen) scientists who are currently working or studying in Australia are welcome to apply, but they must be able to demonstrate a formal affiliation with an Australian institutionAPPLY HERE
Contact FameLab Australia for more information.
+61 401 648 534
Project Executive (Melbourne)
+61 432 320 3802
THANK YOU TO OUR VALUED PARTNERS