APPLICATIONS OPEN MONDAY 7 JANUARY
FameLab is a global science communication competition created by Cheltenham Festival and international partner the British Council.
The competition is designed to find the most charismatic up-and-coming scientists from around the world. Competitors are armed only with their wits and a few props – and the result is an unpredictable, enlightening and exciting adventure into incredible research projects.
Join us for an exciting snapshot into the world of science, engineering, maths and technology as some of the country’s most captivating researchers explain fascinating concepts in an unpredictable and enlightening way.
In 2019, FameLab is produced by the Foundation for the WA Museum.
We are inviting scientists, mathematicians and engineers across Australia to take part in the world’s longest running science competition. Since 2007, FameLab has seen more than 10,000 young scientists and engineers from across the globe participate.
Applications for FameLab in 2019 will open on 7 January 2019. To enter applicants will need to complete an online form and submit a short video, talking about their research.
Sign up now to receive updates about FameLab 2019.
Queensland – Wednesday 20 March – Queensland Museum, Brisbane
Victoria – Wednesday 27 March – Museums Victoria, Melbourne
New South Wales – Wednesday 10 April – Powerhouse Museum, Sydney
Western Australia – Wednesday 17 April – WA Maritime Museum, Fremantle
Western Australia – Wednesday 8 May – State Theatre Centre, Perth
Entrants must be 21 years old or older, studying or working in science, engineering, technology, medicine or mathematics. FameLab is looking for people who want to talk about their science, not the people who have already working in science communication or promotion as a full-time career.
We welcome applications from:
- Early career researchers who are currently completing postgraduate study and those who have completed their postgraduate degrees within the last five years
- Students who are currently undertaking MSc or PhD qualifications in STEM
- FameLab Australia is open to researchers working in science, technology, engineering or maths (known as ‘STEM’ subjects) within universities, research institutes, government bodies and industry
- Postdoctoral fellows or early-career researchers who have received their MSc or PhD degrees in a STEM field within the last five years
- The competition is open to citizens or permanent residents of Australia* who are pursuing studies or working in a scientific field
* International (non-Australian citizen) scientists who are currently working or studying in Australia are welcome to apply, but they must be able to demonstrate a formal affiliation with an Australian institution
Contact FameLab Australia for more information.
Melissa Callanan, Project Director
firstname.lastname@example.org or +61 401 648 534
THANK YOU TO OUR VALUED PARTNERS