What is Collective giving?
Like-minded people come together to support shared causes. They pool their resources and decide collectively where, when, and how to award grants. Giving as a group enables a greater impact and offers a higher level of engagement and social connectivity.
How does it work?
- Give – Annually each donor contributes $1,000 to the grants pool
- Vote – Museum teams will present their proposals and donors will vote based on “one donation, one vote” at the Annual Voting event
- Grant – the winning project is announced. The project progress and final results are shared with donors via email, social media or specific donor engagement
How can I be a part of the Impact Circle?
- Simply make your $1,000 tax-deductible annual donation. Flexible payment options are available.
- If you have already donated this financial year as an Artefact Circle donor, you are already involved and eligible to vote!
How do I make a difference?
Your donation will allow the Foundation to support the WA Museum in ground-breaking research and create opportunities for world-class projects to provide future generations with the knowledge and context they need to succeed.
Your questions answered:
- Your donation is fully tax-deductible
- You have an option to donate annually or monthly
- Anyone can join our Impact Circle by making the minimum donation
- The Annual Voting Event includes presentations by the WA Museum teams applying for the grants
- If you cannot attend the Annual Voting Event, you may vote by proxy
- Current Artefact Circle donors will automatically receive their vote in 2021
- If you are inspired by a project and would like to show further support as an individual donor or corporate sponsor, you can do so by contacting us on firstname.lastname@example.org
What events are proposed for 2021?
First half of 2021:
- Origins Gallery Experience with the WA Museum Curators and Impact Circle Launch
- WA Museum Boola Bardip Highlights Tour for Impact Circle donors
- Whale Whispering Long Table Dinner under the Blue Whale
Second half of 2021:
- Impact Circle Presentation and Voting Event
- WA Fashion Forward Fundraising Event
- Keynote Speaker Breakfast
- Annual Fundraising Gala
- Foundation Christmas Fundraiser
What sort of projects have been supported by the Foundation in the past?
- Illuminating the Biodiversity of the Ningaloo Canyons with over 30 new species discovered
- Megalodon Shark Teeth discovered and excavated
- Ruth Tarvydas Collection added to the State Collection
- 120-million-year-old marine reptiles found in Kalbarri
- 3D Scanner purchased for the WA Museum